We all need to take a break from work sometimes to rejuvenate ourselves. Taking a break improves focus and concentration by resetting our minds. Working without taking a break can lead to burnout and can demotivate and make you dull. With a nice vacation, you can resume your work with much more energy and motivation. Here are 5 best staycation places you need to visit that will make you enjoy the scenic beauty and keep your mind relax.
Jilling (located in Nainital) is an ideal place for people who are looking to just chill in the lap of nature and do nothing much. If you are looking for disconnecting from the hustle and bustle city, Jilling is the right place for you. You will find a lot of properties to stay there, one prominent place is Jilling Terrace a beautiful homestay that was converted from a house built by a Sanskrit scholar for his Polish wife.
Things to do at Jilling
- Apart from just chilling, you can go on day-long hiking through Panyali, a mountain village leading to Gaula river.
- Have a dip at pools created by Gaula
- Jilling Terrace- This beautiful homestay has four specific names as Buransh, Utish, Kafal & Padam
Dharamkot lies on the crest of a hill 1 km above McLeodGanj, a more popular place at Dharmshala in Kangra Valley, Himachal Pradesh. Dharamkot is also known as the second home for Israeli tourists coming to India. The place literally has the Israeli vibe, apart from all most restaurants and cafes here serve Israeli dishes, you will find locals speaking Hebrew, even the signboards are written in Hebrew letters. This place is also a home for yoga and meditation centres, budget-friendly staycation, and a number of cafes serving delicious food.
Things to do at Dharamkot
- If you are a foodie and have a soft spot for Italian cuisine, don’t miss Jimmy’s Italian Kitchen.
- Go for a trek to Triund
- Visit Monasteries & Temples
- Go for yoga and meditation
- Visit Bhagsunag waterfall
Coorg is a popular coffee producing hill station in Karnataka and it is also known as the “Scotland of India”. It also stands as a popular destination because of its culture and people. The Kodavas, a local clan specializing in martial arts, are especially notable for their keen hospitality.
Things to do in Coorg
- Visit Raja’s seat, the viewpoint there is breathtaking.
- Visit Abbey and Irrupu Falls
- Don’t miss Cauvery river rafting
- Visit Bylakuppe Monastery
If paragliding is on your bucket lists, you got to visit Bir Billing, a rural village located in the west of Joginder Nagar Valley of Himachal Pradesh. The place is also a settlement for the Tibetan refugees after the 1959 Tibetan uprising. You can enjoy paragliding, hang gliding, mountain biking etc. and fulfil your adventurous desire.
Things to do in Bir Billing
- Enjoy paragliding
- To make your vacation more enjoyable, go camping.
- Shop at Bir Road
- Enjoy a toy train ride
If you are more of a beach person, Havelock is the place for you. The place would be an ideal choice if you want to explore marine life. Havelock is also one of the few places where the administration of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands union territory of India permitted and encouraged tourism promoting eco-tourism. You can’t resist the white sandy beaches with the clear blue sky, beautiful blue sea and lush green forest.
Things to do at Havelock Island
- Visit Elephant Island -explore marine life by snorkelling and diving, enjoy water sports like jet-skiiing and kayaking
- Enjoy the clear blue water of Radhanagar beach which is also the 7th most beautiful beach in the world.
- Visit Long Island for forest camping, beach camping, trekking and exploring local art and culture
- Witness an Active Volcano at the Barren Island
Have a serene break and rejuvenate.